The ISA NOW Blog has a new home!

You'll be redirected shortly.

Make sure to update your bookmarks.
If you aren't automatically redirected, click the link to visit the new blog.
https://www.isa-appraisers.org/about/blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

WANT TO BE A GUEST BLOGGER?

Would you like to be a guest blogger on ISA Now?  As a guest blogger you can share a story, experience or expertise with the ISA Now readers. Have you had an interesting experience with ISA that sticks out in your mind; your first course, conference, appraisal after becoming a member, etc., we would like to hear from you. We would like to hear how ISA has made a difference in your professional or personal life. If you are interested in being a guest blogger, contact Michelle Stearns, Education and Credentialing Coordinator at: mstearns@thesentergroup.com to learn more about the process or to submit a post.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best (and potentially worst!) experiences I’ve had with ISA occurred while I was taking the Antiques and Residential Contents class in Charleston, South Carolina.

    We had finished the third day of the class and I was studying in my hotel room, when I received a call from home to let me know that my husband had had a medical episode of some sort, had passed out at a meeting at church and had been rushed to the hospital. At that point the caller had very little information about his condition; so of course, my immediate concern was to book a flight home.

    I was unable to do that until the next morning and spent a sleepless night. I let instructor Karen Rabe know I wouldn’t be returning for the rest of the class and wouldn’t be able to take the exam. She promised to help at a later date.

    The very good news was that my husband was fine! I arrived back in Reno where I found him home from the hospital and in great shape. What a relief!

    At that point I called Karen to find out what my next step should be with respect to the ARC class. She scheduled a telephone appointment with me and spent three hours reviewing the material with me over the phone– all of this without any additional compensation! I then took and passed the proctored exam.

    Karen’s help was one of the kindest things I’ve ever experienced. She’s a great person and a wonderful representative of ISA!

    ReplyDelete