|Holloway and Charleston-Rosenberg|
The collaborative educational partnership between ISA and Chubb has officially launched! The first of an 11-part webinar series on specialty collecting categories has been presented to Chubb's appointed independent agents and brokers. The series, reflecting the depth and diversity of ISA member's expertise, will be presented monthly through the beginning of 2017. Each presentation will conclude with a slide directing to the ISA “Find an Appraiser” search engine, to assist Chubb brokers in finding ISA appraisers in their clients’ geographical region or areas of specialization.
Laura Doyle, North American Collections Management Specialist with Chubb, stated in a press statement released on April 25: “Chubb is thrilled to kick off a collaborative partnership with ISA through the launch of the Chubb Connoisseurship webinar series. The series will highlight the deep expertise of ISA appraisers, providing a network of resources nationally for our agents, brokers, and clients.”
This program is a continuation of the educational collaboration exchange between the two organizations which began in 2015 with Chubb's presentation, "Changing Demographics in Collecting: Covering Passion and Investment Collections." The two organizations look forward to deepening this collaboration to the benefit of their clients. A special Thank You goes out to ISA members on the vetting committee—Libby Holloway, ISA CAPP; Sally Ambrose, ISA CAPP; and Helen (Len) D. de Rohan, ISA AM—for carefully reviewing submissions. Many thanks to ISA members who have volunteered their time and proficiency to produce and present webinars:
- How to Understand the Collectible Wine Markets - Leila Dunbar, ISA AM
- Coin Collecting: The Hobby of Kings - Steve Roach, ISA CAPP
- The Mystery of Luxury Watches - Darlene Wong, ISA AM
- Understanding the Chinese Art Market: Five Things You Must Know - Susan Lahey, MA, ISA AM
- Blanket or Rug? A Primer on Navajo Textiles - Vanessa Elmore, ISA
- Collector Versus Investor: Understanding Today's Jewelry Market - Amy Lawch, GG, ISA AM
- The American Portrait Masters: What's Hiding in Your Client's Attic? - Cindy Charleston-Rosenberg, ISA CAPP
- What's Valuable in Your Silver Cabinet? - Kirsten Rabe Smolensky, JD, ISA CAPP
- Rare Books, An Introduction - Robert Hittel, ISA CAPP
- Identifying, Examining, and Comparing English and American Period Furniture - Todd Sigety, ISA CAPP
- How to Determine Winners and Losers: Guidelines for Valuing Sports Memorabilia - Leila Dunbar, ISA AM
ISA is extraordinarily proud to have been chosen by Chubb as the professional personal property appraisal organization to provide connoisseurship training to their network. The webinars are being archived by Chubb and will be available to ISA members following completion of the series in 2017.